Friday, March 11, 2011

Dolly Day!

Today is Dolly Day Friday in blogland.  You can find the Dolly Day button to the right.  If you click on it, you will be taken to Little Jenny Wren's blog, who is the hostess for Dolly Day.

Today, I wanted to show some photos of my floppy or rag dolls.  The first photos are of Raggedy Ann and Andy.  These dolls are about 35 years old and well loved.  A cousin made them for my daughter, Katie. They are 18 inch dolls.



 I love the fact that the doll maker embroidered the trademark heart on the inside of the dolls.





The other rag doll that I have is Madeline, the French little one featured in many books.  Madeline is dressed in her summer outfit, not the traditional school girl uniform and hat. 


She has rosebuds on her little shoes, but I couldn't get a clear photo of them.

Next week, is St. Paddy's Day.  I hope to showcase one of  the dolls we bought from Jenny Wren, in her St. Paddy's outft.   Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment